If you’re interested in learning more about jumping stilts and the history behind how they came to be this graphic does a pretty good job explaining the story of powerbocking! Want to get your own set of stilts? Take a look at these options and order today!
Before your first use…..
Your Air-Trekker jumping stilts have just arrived. Many ask – can I strap them on and start jumping? The answer is no.
There are a few adjustments to the units that you SHOULD make, to customize them to your body, before you use them the first time.
If you purchased the Adult Model, with the knee bar let attachment, you should slide the padded sleeve over and around the foam padded knee bar. The padded sleeve should be positioned on the inside of the knee bar.
Once the sleeve is on the knee bar, without putting the units on, slide the two aluminum tubes of the knee bar through the holes near the top of the frame. Slide the bar in until there is 1-2” of tube showing below the fastening mechanism on the frame. Tighten the quick release nut by turning the nut to the right until it’s fairly tight – but not too tight. Then take the “lever” on the other side and turn it a ½ or a full turn and push it down.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. You will be making further adjustments so do not tighten – yet!!
Now slide your leg through the knee bar until your foot rests on the foot pad (bindings should be open.) Loosen the lever of the quick release bolt and slide the knee bar up or down so the foam padded knee bar rests about 1” below the knee cap. Once you have the knee bar set at the right height – tighten the nut and lever. You should never have to change this setting…..so take you time and set the bar correctly from the start.
If you purchased the Extreme Model, with the calf cuff leg attachment, the adjustment process is a bit more complicated, so get it right from the start and you’ll love how they fit and perform. Without loosening the calf cuffs, slide the aluminum tubes of the calf cuff into the holes near the top of the frame. With the buckle of the calf cuffs in front, slide the bars in through the holes until there is about 1” of tube showing below the fastening mechanism on the frame. Tighten the quick release nut by turning the nut to the right until it’s fairly tight – only tight enough so the tubes won’t slide up and down. Lower the lever to ensure the tubes won’t slide.
Open the calf cuffs and put your leg on to the frame until your foot rests on the foot pad. Loosen the lever and nut so the tubes are now maneuverable.
#1 – the tubes of the calf cuff should be narrowed or widened so the tops of the tubes rest against both sides your leg.
#2 – raise or lower the calf cuffs so they are as high as possible and you can still bend you leg 90 degrees.
#3 – the buckle should always go in front.
Once you have the calf cuff set at the height, and the tubes are resting against both sides of your leg, tighten the nut and lower the lever of the quick release bolt. Be patient and take your time. Get it right! You should never have to adjust this part again.
Remember to adjust your bindings BEFORE you use your Air-Trekker jumping stilts for the first time. Each of the four binding straps has several holes for adjusting the length of the strap. The default setting is typically NOT the correct setting for most users! What is the correct setting for the bindings? Choose the hole so when you tighten the bindings, the pad rests squarely on top of the foot!!!!
If you tighten the bindings and the pad rests to the right or left of the top of the foot – make more adjustments. You want the pad ON TOP of the foot. This ensures no foot slippage.
Finally check ALL the nuts to make sure they are tight!
Air-Trekker jumping stilts have a 1 year warranty on all parts, except for the feet. Air-Trekker jumping stilt feet have a 6 month warranty. If any part fails, is defective, breaks, tears, or cracks within the warranty period, simply send a photo of the defective part as an email attachment, for proof, along with an explanation, to our address…..and we will gladly replace the part, and ship it to your door free of charge. Many times we can process a warranty claim within 1-3 days and have a new part in the mail to you within a week.
After almost 5 years of global distribution, our buyers have posted rave reviews on the quality of the Air-Trekker jumping stilt brand. We feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to distribute this wonderfully fun product and are overwhelmingly pleased with the quality of its parts. 99% of buyers never experience a malfunction!!!!
Our return/refund policy is the most forgiving in the industry. Compare. The standard is: If you open the box – you own them. Our policy is different! We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all units if you follow the guidelines below.
Our return policy is similar to bicycles, cars, etc. We do not issue a refund for used goods….but we do want you to the opportunity to try them on. Years ago, a few people used jumping stilts for a parade, Halloween costume, or party, and then returned them. This is not acceptable, and we will not, and have not, accepted and refunded used merchandise. (If you buy a car, drive around for a week or two, you can not return the car for a refund, it’s the same with any kind of bicycle.) Once your jumping stilts arrive, and you are hesitant about owning a pair, do not unwrap the springs or knee bar attachments….when you try them on. Try them on inside, not outside on dirt, or grass. If you wish to return the jumping stilts, simply contact our office and tell us of your intent and the condition of the units.
The ONLY difference in the two jumping stilt models is the part that attaches to the lower leg. Both models have the same frame, same spring, same bindings, and same feet.
The Adult Model leg attachment is a foam padded, tubular aluminum knee bar. This part also comes with a padded sleeve that slips over the knee bar for extra comfort and stability. The Extreme Model leg attachment is our new Calf Cuff part. (The Extreme Model does not come with both leg attachment parts!) This part is a series of 3” wide, padded, velcro-lined straps that fold over each other for a very customized fit.
Why buy one – or the other? The Adult Model knee bar offers incredible stability, and comfort, and is slightly heavier than the calf cuff. The calf cuff on the Extreme Model is very light, and very customizable. Any size user can get a confident, tight fit around the leg every time they put on the EXTREME.
Why are the CZs so much better than any other jumping stilt?
For years, 99% of all jumping stilts were made by (2) authorized global manufacturers. Most parts on ALL jumping stilts were virtually the same. (Look – they are!)
Until now!!! The Air-Trekker CZs now trump all existing jumping stilts models in quality and performance. Nothing is even close. They perform even better than the $2500.00 models.
1. The CZ is bigger, but lighter. Each unit weighs 2 pounds less than the M115. Also, the user stands 2” taller than the M115. Finally, with no moving parts – the CZ is very quiet. They literally make no noise!
2. The key advantage/difference the CZ has over the M115 model is the new leaf spring design, which has been greatly upgraded. The TN-863 nanometer spring is characterized by small volume, light in weight, and good elasticity. These springs are very durable and extremely responsive.
3. The CZ frame is completely redesigned: New materials and shape: High strength aluminum lithium. (Same material used to create the space shuttle gas tank.) While the M115 is simply extruded/bent aluminum.
4. The CZ does not have an aluminum sleeve on the lower leg for weight reduction.
5. The CZ’s support brace under the footplate was redesigned as 145 degree, tubular arc, which reduces the concussion of external force on the spring. It’s also much lighter.
6. The old knee bar attachment mechanism (4 bolts) has been replaced by a hi-tech, bicycle-seat type, quick splitter for fast easy adjustments. No tools are needed!!!!
7. All CZ models have our high end snow board bindings. No more standard, plastic bindings. Previously, these bindings were only available on the EXTREMES, until now. Now they are on ALL Air-Trekkers CZs.
8. To reduce weight further the CZ removed the plastic foot plate which you can see in the picture above.
9. Tough, abrasion resistant footpads were redesigned on the CZ for easy and affordable replacement. High quality PU mixing rubber is used so the serviceable life of the footpad is lengthened considerably.
10. Although all Air-Trekker EXTREMES still come with the very popular “calf cuff part, ALL our adult models now come with a dramatically upgraded knee bar. This CZ adult model now comes with a leg stabilizer wrap that is attached to the inside of the knee bar. This protector allows a tighter, and much more comfortable fit.
11. The Air-Trekker brand of jumping stilts only offer the CZ-AL (aluminum) model. The CZ-FE (iron) model is a similar design but it’s very heavy. (Other licensees carry this product.) Air-Trekkers has decided that America does not want heavier units, and are not importing this FE (iron) model.
The most important “part” on an Air-Trekker Jumping Stilt is the carbon fiber leaf spring. Although it is made with millions of tiny fibers epoxed together, it is not indestructible. We strongly recommend you be very careful NOT to damage the spring. So protect them!!
1. The most popular method jumpers use is to wrap electrical tape around the springs.
2. Or go to PROJUMPFORUM.COM. This is our sister brand located in the UK. “Naz” runs a great business and claims that the UK is 3-4 years ahead of the USA in jumping stilt market penetration. This forum is full of great ideas. You will find many methods of protecting your springs there.
3. Mr. Benedict, from the USA sent us the following link showing his innovative way to protect his springs.
The more you fall on hard surfaces, the more you knick the spring…….the shorter the life expectancy of the spring. Protect them!!
The adult model Air-Trekker jumping stilt features a padded knee bar that you slip you foot and leg through. The knee bar rests just below you knee cap. Although nothing needs to be added to begin jumping, many have found that adding some padding to the knee bar, creates a much tighter fit around the upper calf. A tighter fit gives the jumper more stability and confidence.
How you do add padding?
1. Go to YouTube and search: Air-Trekker padding.
2. Or check out the video below sent to us by Zach Benedict. The video below is his idea. Way to go Zach.
We want to thank the fine folks in Jackson, NJ for sending us some photos of how they are using Air-Trekker Jumping Stilts for entertainment purposes. Air-Trekkers are quickly becoming a “must have” for community parades and commercial events. The Glow In The Dark Parade, an event at one of the more respected east coast amusement parks, features costume entertainers bouncing on Air-Trekkers.
Another entertainment company, New England Nightmare, is using Air-Trekkers to make their monsters and clowns stand 8′ tall.
We’ve also learned that one of our Air-Trekker buyers in Lower Michigan, booked parades all summer long. That’s right walking, bouncing, and running on his Air-Trekkers have become his summer job. He says he feels like a rock star on his Air-Trekkers. We’ll have to add this to our list of ways to make money using jumping stilts.
There’s often a lot of brand confusion when buying jumping stilts. You can even find articles written about it. If you ask the other manufacturers they’d tell you that our product quality is inferior to theirs when in reality that’s a bogus claim. So give us a call and let us prove to you Air-trekkers are the jumping stilts to have.
Check out this testimonial we just received from a buyer!
“The wind slowed down and i got outside and fixed the cuffs to the perfect setting.
I love them! They solve every problem I had with the powerisers. I am immediately running faster and more confidently than I ever have in the year that I had the powerisers due to the increased stability afforded by the reduction in moving parts.
I love the silence with which they operate. they really are whisper quiet. you could sneak up on someone at 20 mph with these things. The only problem that I’m having with them so far is that the stiffness is difficult to get used to. with the lazier springiness of the fiberglass, there was more time to get the technique correct in each jump — i’m going to have to practice with these before i’m jumping like i was with the powerisers, but i can already tell they will surpass them in performance. the lightness of the frames is luxurious.
I am no longer finding myself worried that i won’t be able to get my foot in the right place before i hit the ground. the powerisers seem clumsy and awkward compared to these.
these are definitely a superior model and were well worth the purchase. now if i can only find someone to take the old powerisers off my hands, i’ll be all set!